Want a New Purse? Love Books? ~ Thrifty Under Fifty: Living & Gift-Giving on the Cheap
Want a New Purse? Love Books?

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Want a New Purse? Love Books?


Item: Book Purse

Price: $100+

Where to Buy: Rebound Designs

Review: It's April Fool's Day, but it's no joke that I really want a book purse.

Yep, it's more than 50 bucks, but I figured I could get away with it today.

These purses are made from real hardcover books, and the designer says on her website that each takes 8 to 10 hours to create. The fabric and handles she uses look just as classic as the books themselves.

My favorite? The "Pride and Prejudice" purse, of course. But her catalog includes a few of my favorite books from childhood, too. Alas, most of the purses on her site have already sold, and I really want to visit the Eastern Market where she sells them in Washington, DC each weekend to see the purses for myself.

The book purse is the ultimate gift for the ultimate bibliophile, and it's climbing to the top of my own wish list.

Image from: Rebound Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment