What Do You Splurge On? ~ Thrifty Under Fifty: Living & Gift-Giving on the Cheap
What Do You Splurge On?

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What Do You Splurge On?

Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies.

My cupboard is nearly always stocked, but to my credit, I'm a smart splurger. I have six packages (one opened) purchased weeks ago when they were on sale.

Even the thriftiest among us have a downfall. My big three are cookies, cupcakes and trips. I would (irrationally) rather spend $500 on plane tickets than $5 for a lunchtime value meal.

My husband is considered thrifty by all but me, so I can't complain ... too loudly. I think he splurges on Starbucks, but that's only because I can't stand the smell or taste of coffee. But still-- isn't it possible to get out the French press on weekdays once in awhile?

What's your splurge?

No comments:

Post a Comment