Renegade Craft Fair: Indie Art at Hard-to-Beat Prices ~ Thrifty Under Fifty: Living & Gift-Giving on the Cheap
Renegade Craft Fair: Indie Art at Hard-to-Beat Prices

Monday, July 6, 2009

Renegade Craft Fair: Indie Art at Hard-to-Beat Prices


I heard about the Brooklyn stop of the Renegade Craft Fair completely by chance, through a small notice on the New York Times online. But it didn't take long to decide that I would attend.

It took a bit longer to convince my husband to accompany me. But he had almost as much fun perusing the witty t-shirts as I did combing through the jewelry, bags and clothing.

The Renegade Craft Fair brings together "indie crafters"-- more than 300 at the Brooklyn event -- for a one-stop-shop of all things homemade.

And happily, visitors on a budget have plenty to choose from. I picked up a necklace for $15 and could easily have spent 10x that and left McCarren Park with a full bag of loot. I hope to feature on this site some of the unique items I saw for sale, but until then you can read about my experience at the Brooklyn Renegade Craft Fair.

I'll certainly be at the 2010 fair, and I only wish I could attend the upcoming Renegade Craft Fairs yet this year:

Los Angeles
California Market Center
July 11-12

San Francisco
Fort Mason's Festival Pavilion
July 18-19

Chicago
Division Street between Damen & Hermitage
Sept. 12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment