Cold Nights, Warm Hands ~ Thrifty Under Fifty: Living & Gift-Giving on the Cheap
Cold Nights, Warm Hands

Monday, February 23, 2009

Cold Nights, Warm Hands


Item: Wonder Warmers hand warmers

Price: $14.99/pair

Where to Buy: WonderWarmers.com

Review: I'm not often into romantic gifts, so I was pleasantly surprised when my husband got me the small Wonder Warmers hand warmers for Christmas a couple of years ago.

We'd marveled at them at a holiday fair about a month before: Each pouch is filled with gel and a single, small, flexible disc. Flex the disc and the gel crystallizes and immediately heats. The small ones stay warm for about 30 minutes. That's more than enough to time to keep me warm as I wait for the subway on a cold winter evening and trudge through the snow on my way back to our apartment.

The best part? They're reusable. Surround the pouch with boiling water for 5 to 12 minutes and it's as good as new.

More than anything, I wish I would have had some Wonder Warmers as a high schooler attending all of those football games on chilly Friday evenings. Wonder Warmers also makes different sizes and shapes, even one specifically for the neck and shoulders ($29.99).

Image from: WonderWarmers.com

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see your penny pinching ideas have a new forum. :) And the name is quite snappy.

    Hand warmers are everywhere here in winter, but I've never seen the kind that are reusable! That's pretty nifty.

    ReplyDelete