5 Cheap Valentine's Day Gifts ~ Thrifty Under Fifty: Living & Gift-Giving on the Cheap
5 Cheap Valentine's Day Gifts

Friday, February 6, 2009

5 Cheap Valentine's Day Gifts

You can't buy love.

Right?

Yes, that old-as-time saying still holds true, but the fact is that many people still expect a gift on Valentine's Day as proof that their significant other is as in love with them as ever.

Even typing that sentence kind of made me want to gag. I know my husband loves me, and a gift -- no matter how expensive (or cheap) -- won't prove he loves me any more (or less).

That being said, a small token of remembrance does warm my heart. Here's 5 cheap ways to say "I love you" on a budget:

  1. Instead of the standard dozen roses in a vase, "hide" a flower in a different location around the house- inside a kitchen cabinet, next to her toothbrush, on the driver's seat of the car. And you don't have to get roses. Consider something cheaper but just as sweet, like daisies.

  2. Buy a pack of his favorite gum and attach a note: "I'm stuck on you!"

  3. Boxes of fortune cookies are available at many grocery stores for a few bucks. Wrap, and attach a note: "Every day I feel more fortunate to have you by my side."

  4. Pick up a tin of Altoids and attach a note: "We're 'mint' for each other."

  5. Choose her favorite candy: a chocolate bar, a bag of Tootsie Rolls, whatever. Attach a note: "Each day with you is sweeter and sweeter."
Cheap Valentine's Day gifts don't mean you love your husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend any less. In fact, think of cheap Valentine's Day gifts as a way to show your creativity and love at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment