America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook ~ Thrifty Under Fifty: Living & Gift-Giving on the Cheap
America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook

Sunday, January 4, 2009

America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook

Item: The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook

Price: $34.95

Where to Buy: Cook's Illustrated

Review: I normally hate to cook, but the recipes in The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook drag me off the couch and into the kitchen. I've never made better pancakes, french toast or banana bread. My husband, who really does enjoy cooking and knows his way around a pantry, uses the cookbook almost every day.

With more than 1,200 recipes, this cookbook has whatever entree, side dish or dessert you're in the mood for. I especially like the tips, tricks, explanations and substitutions it provides with so many of the recipes. Who knew you could replace buttermilk with regular milk and a dash of lemon juice?

I swear by this book so much that both my mom and my sister received The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook for Christmas. It's not the cheapest cookbook, but it's the only one you'll ever need. That's a deal in my book.

Image from: Cook's Illustrated

No comments:

Post a Comment