Feng Shui for Tough Economic Times ~ Thrifty Under Fifty: Living & Gift-Giving on the Cheap
Feng Shui for Tough Economic Times

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feng Shui for Tough Economic Times

Earlier this year I received an email with an intriguing subject line:

"Feng Shui Tips to Attract Money For You & Yours!"

It was from one of the neighborhood shops, Hom. R.D. Chin, the author of "Feng Shui Revealed" would be speaking about a room's wealth areas and money power spots and explain how to make them work for you.

Interesting. But since the lecture came with a $40 price tag, I decided I would in fact be wealthier if I stayed home.

With a little of the ol' internet research, however, I did come up with these feng shui tips to help fatten your wallet:

  • Prosperity is associated with the back left corner of a room, facing in from the doorway. Clear clutter from this area and replace it with a symbol of prosperity, such as a bowl of coins.
  • Store your checkbook in the rear left corner of your desk.
  • Hang three Chinese coins tied together with red ribbon on the back of the handle of your front door, and be sure to cut the ribbon in increments of 9, such as 9 inches or 18 inches long.

No, I don't really believe any of this stuff really works. But in times like these, I guess anything's worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment